The Catechism's section on Confirmation says that Confirmation is the special outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Its effects are to:
- Root us more deeply in divine filiations (being children of God)
- Unites us more firmly to Christ
- Increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- Strengthens our bond with the Church
- Associates us more closely to her mission of bearing witness to Christ
- Helps us and more strictly obliges us to spread and defend the faith by word and deed
Diocese of Baton Rouge (Sacramental Guidelines)
- The usual time and age for confirmation in the Diocese of Baton Rouge is during the eleventh grade of school.
- Place of Confirmation: a Catholic is to be confirmed in his or her parish church, or in the Cathedral.
- Confirmation preparation should include components separate from and in addition to catechesis in the Catholic School or the Parish School of Religion. The Pagella says: preparation is to be separate from and in addition to the usual catechesis offered in Catholic high schools and parochial schools of religion.
- Confirmation should be freely chosen by the candidate.
Confirmation Sessions at St. Alphonsus Church:
St. Alphonsus has a two-year process with a total of 8 sessions and 2 retreats and 2 service projects. All sessions begin with 12 PM Noon Mass on Sundays as a community.
Each grade has a retreat specifically made for that year.
Required Service Projects:
Year 1 – Service with families: Kids in Ministry events, St. Joseph's Altar, and the Festival of Two Rivers
Year 2 - Help the Homeless project
Download Confirmation Sponsor Form HERE.
Contact & Staff Liaison: Olga Johnson, 261-4644